In the words of Mark Bittman, “Everyone deserves food that is green, nutritious, affordable and fair”. Proterra Ag is a venture-backed AgTech startup working relentlessly to make this a reality for all people, everywhere. We’re seeking an experienced Vice President of Product Development to join us as we work to solve one of the biggest challenges facing humans worldwide - hunger.
We are hiring an experienced VP of Product Development to lead our technical teams (engineering and bioscience) as they develop ground-breaking, first-to-market technologies from concept through launch. This role requires a strong technical leader, with a formidable background in engineering and/or science, as well as launching new products into market. The ideal candidate has deep experience in building and organizing teams, managing complex R&D projects, identifying opportunities and risks, working with management to balance priorities and creating launch plans and strategies to take new products to market. In this role, you will be responsible for managing across technical functions to move technology through R&D to product launch; which ranges from initial science to product engineering and manufacturing to packaging and logistics. The ideal candidate must be able to handle simultaneous management of component technology products and whole systems. This is a key role that will lead a diverse group of people. Proterra Ag has a broad portfolio of IP and is bringing complex technologies to market, requiring this role to have a very broad understanding of internal processes and product development requirements.
- 15+ years experience as a hands-on technologist building products.
- 5+ years managing technical teams building advanced technology.
- Undergrad degree in engineering or science, with significant experience in such a role building hardware products.
- Strong background in staffing and staff management across diverse, technical teams.
- Strong background in process development and management, including Agile/Scrum or similar methodologies.
- Deep familiarity of mechanical, electrical and embedded systems engineering, as well as hard science disciplines such as chemistry and biology.
- Experience with software development a major plus, but not required.
- Significant experience launching new products into market.
- Strong background in the development and management of broad IP portfolios.
- Product Management experience is a major plus.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k and PTO benefits
- Flexible work conditions
- Real chance to help change the world
Proterra Ag is an AgTech startup based in Los Angeles, where we’ve developed the first ultra-high yield vertical farming system. Our proprietary technology improves farming for growers across the entire farming lifecycle, from seed-to-harvest. Our whole farm systems enable ultra-high yield farming within any industrial warehouse, while our individual technologies such as root zone management systems, substrates and seed technology help traditional growers (soil, hydroponic, etc.) increase their yields, lower their costs and become more environmentally sustainable.
Our mission is to enable affordable, fresh produce hyper-locally in a clean sustainable environment. For the past four years we have developed, engineered, and tested our patented, modular and scalable growing system. We are in the process of building a Showroom Farm in Los Angeles to showcase the capabilities and commercialize our core technologies. We are venture-backed, offer competitive salaries and exceptional benefits. If you want to be a part of an amazing team working to make the world a better place, join us.
NO RECRUITERS, PLEASE.