Proterra Ag™, Inc. formally launched their new company which exists to achieve the impossible in sustainable agriculture. With expertise in farming, bioscience, and engineering, they invent category-defying technology and bring to market products that drastically reduce water requirements, make growing food ever more efficient, productive, profitable, and kind to the earth.
- Following an extensive search, Alltech Crop Science has filled its newly created CEO position. Andrew Thomas has been appointed to lead the global team and further cultivate the strategic growth of Alltech Crop Science.
- Plant Response, Inc. announces new data demonstrating corn growers can realize economic returns prior to harvest and specialty growers can protect plants from abiotic stress.
- Biotalys, an AgTech company focused on addressing food protection challenges to enable a more sustainable and safer food supply, announced the appointment of Patrick McDonnell as Chief Business Officer, effective October 4, 2021. Patrick will be based in Biotalys’ offices in Research Triangle Park, the heart of US AgTech activities, in North Carolina.
- Farmers in the Western Lake Erie Basin — including parts of Ohio, Michigan and Indiana — can earn money through a phosphorus load reduction pilot program. The “Phosphorus Load-Reduction Stimulation Program” (PLUS-UP) program, coordinated by the Conservation Technology Information Center, will pay farmers in the project area $5 to $10 per acre in 2022 to reduce P loads using practices such as no-till or cover crops.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced an investment of more than $146 million in sustainable agricultural research projects aimed at improving a robust, resilient, climate-smart food and agricultural system. This investment is made under the National Institute of Food and Agriculture’s Sustainable Agricultural Systems program.
- Enko, the crop health company, and agrochemical company Nufarm announced their partnership to develop novel chemistries and expand the supply chain of critical new herbicide solutions in Australia, the U.S. and Europe.
- Growers Edge, a provider of data-driven financial technology solutions for the agricultural industry, announced the launch of a fully digital financial software and services platform for the agriculture industry. The customizable platform is built for ag retailers and input manufacturers of any size to process and manage loans quickly and efficiently. Powered by Growers Edge technology and software, the retailer’s branded online platform features apps for loan submission, management, and payment to simplify the process for both retailers and their grower customers. The platform also features a suite of tools and services to analyze and manage the retailer’s lending portfolio.
- Nachurs Alpine Solutions®, announced that it has launched a new product line in their agriculture portfolio, Advanced Adjuvants.
- HELLO NATURE, a leading company in the research and production of sustainable solutions in agriculture, has developed the KEY + technology in its Innovation Hub in over three years.